Wendover’s #1 Tourist Attraction
Bonneville Salt Flats Sight Seeing Tour
1 hour Bonneville Salt Flats Tour
Departures: 9:30 am, 11:30 am, 1:30 pm, 3:30 pm, and 5:30 pm.
Like nothing else on earth the Bonneville Salt Flats are a natural illustration of contrast. Nothing can describe the experience of standing on 30,000 perfectly flat acres of pristine white salt beneath 11,000 foot mountain peaks so large that they appear to be floating. The Bonneville Salt Flats and the Great Salt Lake are remnants of ancient Lake Bonneville. Wind and water combine to create the flat surface of salt. Each winter, a shallow layer of standing water floods the surface of the salt flats. During spring and summer, the water slowly evaporates while winds smooth the surface into a vast, nearly perfect flat plain. This phenomenon has created a perfect stage for high speed auto racers. Come join us and see where many world land speed records are held.
Our Salt Flats van tour escorts you from Wendover, 10 minutes northeast to the Bonneville Salt Flats viewing area. When conditions permit we travel out onto the salt to view the actual race tracks. Here you will have time to take pictures and listen to an interpretive talk about human and natural history of this beautiful area.
Bonneville Salt Flats Tour Rates
- Guests are required to follow guide instructions.
- Please bring sunglasses.
- Respect for guides, other guests, and vehicles are required for all guests at all times.
- No alcohol.
How to make a reservation
Call our toll-free reservation line at 1.877.882.4386 7 days a week, 8am to 6pm MST.
Credit cards are required to hold a reservation.
We accept Visa, MasterCard, and American Express.
Cancellations must be made at least 24 hours prior to your tour time. No refunds are available within 24 hours of your confirmed tour time. Tours operate rain or shine. Cancellations due to weather are non-refundable.
We will need the following information.
- 1. Date, time, and type of preferred tour.
- 2. Number of guests.
- 3. Guest contact information including name and phone number.
- 4. Reserve shuttle pickup time and location.
- 5. Credit Card number and expiration date.
- Can I take pictures? Yes, we encourage guests to bring cameras this is a great photo opportunity.
- Where can you pick us up? Most of the major hotels in Wendover, please call ahead.
- How far are the Salt Flats from Wendover? Approximately 10 minutes northeast of Wendover.
- What will I learn? Interpretive talks cover how the Salt Flats were formed, racing history, and other human history.