World War II’s best kept secret
Wendover Airfield Tours
1 hour Wendover Airfield Tour
Departures: 9:30 am, 11:30 am, 1:30 pm, 3:30 pm, and 5:30 pm.
Anyone interested in history will enjoy this tour. Come visit our country’s most complete remaining World War II Army Air Corps base. During World War II Wendover airfield served as a primary training site for 21 heavy bombardment groups of B-24 and B-17 aircraft. In 1944, the 509th composite group comprised of the famous B-29 crews of the Enola Gay and Bocks Car completed their land based training at the Wendover airfield. At its peak the Wendover Airfield housed over 18,000 service personnel and over 1,000 air crews completed their training here.
Don’t miss your opportunity to view the bomb loading pits, the Enola Gay Hangar, and the Norden bomb-sight storage facility. All remain as a unique testaments to the training and deployment of the first atomic weapons. There is also a museum to visit, currently located inside the operations building enjoy beautiful displays that include historical photographs, models, and memorabilia that help convey the instrumental role Wendover Airbase played during the World War II era. Entrance to the museum is free, donations to the renovation and maintenance of the Airbase are welcome.
Wendover Airfield Tour Rates
- Guests are required to follow guide instructions.
- Respect for guides and other guests
- Respect for vehicles are required for all guests at all times.
- No alcohol.
How to make a reservation
Call our toll-free reservation line at 1.877.882.4386 7 days a week, 8am to 6pm MST.
Credit cards are required to hold a reservation.
We accept Visa, MasterCard, and American Express.
Cancellations must be made at least 24 hours prior to your tour time. No refunds are available within 24 hours of your confirmed tour time. Tours operate rain or shine. Cancellations due to weather are non-refundable.
We will need the following information.
- 1. Date, time, and type of preferred tour.
- 2. Number of guests.
- 3. Guest contact information including name and phone number.
- 4. Reserve shuttle pickup time and location.
- 5. Credit Card number and expiration date.
- Can I take pictures? Yes, we encourage guests to bring cameras this is a great photo opportunity.
- Where can you pick us up? Most of the major hotels in Wendover, please call ahead.
- How far is the AirField from Wendover? Approximately 5 minutes northeast of Wendover.
- What will I learn? Interpretive talks cover the first Atomic weapon deployment and the history of the Wendover AirField.